YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WYTV) — Winkle Electric Co. Inc., with headquarters in Youngstown and locations in Erie, Meadville and Seneca, Pa., is celebrating 70 years in business this year.
Winkle remains a top provider of electrical parts and supplies while also assisting customers in automation process development, developing environmentally-friendly energy alternatives, creating custom control panels and leveraging their Integrated Solutions division to analyze challenges and formulate solutions for customers.
The Winkle Electric Co. was founded in 1944. The company’s original charter was an electrical apparatus service shop and manufacturer of induction heating equipment for the aluminum extrusion industry. In 2002, Winkle expanded with the addition of a distribution branch in Erie, Pa. and a sales office in Seneca, Pa.
The year 2008 marked further expansion with development of the company’s fifth division specializing in Eco-Solutions. Winkle is listed in the industry publication “Electrical Wholesaling” among the Top 200 distributors in the nation.
One of the key reasons Winkle Electric has withstood the test of time in various economic climates in a depressed area is the recruitment and dedication of a talented core team of individuals, according to CEO Rick Teaberry.
In an effort to position Winkle Electric for future growth and stability, the company has restructured their executive team, leading to the creation of two new positions: Chief Financial Officer and Chief Operating Officer. The position of Chief Financial Officer will be assumed by Brian Vennetti, CPA and the position of Chief Operating Officer by Robert (Bob) Conger. The creation of these positions was implemented to improve operational efficiency thus supporting recent growth, as well as positioning Winkle Electric for expected future growth, Teaberry said.
As part of recognizing the success of Winkle’s previous 70 years, the company committed to donations totaling $70,000 in community support, which was split between the YMCA’s Camp Fitch and the Red Cross of Mahoning Valley.