YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WYTV) – The mother of a child severely burned by fireworks said her daughter’s condition is slowly improving.
Sunday was a day filled with hope as 4-month-old Au’Bre McCormick woke up ready to play, but she is still in a lot of pain.
The baby was badly burned Friday in Youngstown when a wayward firework came into her baby seat and burned her. A neighbor kicked over a firecracker causing it to go onto the front porch of a home where the baby was sitting.
She suffered severe burns to her body and face.
Her mother, Kiarra Jackson, said they are waiting for a doctor to develop a treatment plan for her. The road to recovery will be long, the doctor said.
She is currently being treated at the burn unit at Akron Children’s Hospital.