Dr. Shayesteh: Preventing prostate cancer

Dr. Shayesteh and prostate cancer

BOARDMAN, Ohio (WYTV) – Dr. Shayesteh said simple lifestyle changes such as reducing fat intake and eating more fruits and vegetables can help prevent prostate cancer, as well as other types of cancer.

Prostate cancer is the second most common cancer in men, with genetics contributing 52 percent to the chances of getting it and lifestyle contributing 48 percent.

Foods high in fat and deep fried are contributors to abdominal weight gain, which is one of the leading risk factors for prostate cancer.

To learn more about this topic, watch the attached video.

33 WYTV provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s