NEW CASTLE, Pa. (WYTV) – Fire officials say hot grease from French fires started a house fire in New Castle.
Crews were called about 12 p.m. Christmas Day to the house on Jackson Avenue where flames had quickly spread from the kitchen.
The fire was extinguished quickly but not before flames, smoke and water damaged much of the structure.
Fire crews took a woman out of the house who had stayed inside to look for her cat. Both the woman and the cat were unharmed.
The Red Cross is assisting the woman.