YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WYTV) – A sweet event Saturday in Youngstown included 7,000 cookies to taste and nibble on.
It was all part of the annual Cookie Table and Cocktails event.
Sixty two amateur and professional bakers whipped up tasty treats to be tasted and scored.
Proceeds benefit the Tyler Mahoning Valley History Center, which is in the second phase of its campaign to outfit the downtown building.
“We have exhibits in three different galleries in the building that need to be built out. We have an education center on the third floor, which we need to finish setting that up,” said Bill Lawson, Mahoning Valley Historical Society.
- 1st: Sugar cookie by Sweets by Christine (Christine Harley)
- 2nd: Mini cannoli by Jimmy’s Italian Specialties
- 3rd : White chocolate raspberry brandy by Rulli Brothers
- Judge’s Choice (overall winner): Buckeyes by Heather DeLucia
- 1st: Raspberry Rose cookies by Christine Restle
- 2nd: Wedding cookie by Jill Furrie
- 3rd: Almond ricotta biscotti by Ernie DiRenzo
- Judge’s Choice (overall winner): Whipped cream wafers by Georgeann Pavlinic