3-year-old child dead in Sharon house fire

3-year-old rescued from burning Sharon home

SHARON, Pennsylvania (WYTV) – The Sharon Fire Department says a 3-year-old child has died after being rescued from a burning home in Sharon late Monday night. The department got the call at around 11:30 Monday night for the home in the 1000 block of Sherman Avenue. Firefighters arrived at the scene to find the house filled with smoke and flames. Sharon Police Lt. Mark Johnson said that the family lost power Monday night and that the family lit some candles and fell asleep. A candle in the living room area caught the house on fire, according to Johnson. The father of the family woke up and took the 3-year-old outside on the porch, then went back in for his wife, newborn and 5-year-old. The man came back outside and couldn’t find the 3-year-old, according to Johnson. Police believe he followed his dad back inside. Firefighters found the 3-year-old boy under a bed. Paramedics took him to Sharon Regional Hospital, where doctors declared him dead. An autopsy will be done in Erie this afternoon. Police stress that there is no ongoing criminal investigation. The other family members escaped the house without serious injury. Pennsylvania State Police confirmed that a fire marshal was asked to investigate the fire. .

 

Comments are closed.