YFD fights fire on south side

YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WYTV) – The Youngstown Fire Department is at a house on the city’s south side Tuesday morning after a grease fire broke out there.

YFD arrived at a house at 448 Cohasset Dr. around 9 a.m. Tuesday. YFD Battalion Chief Jim Drummond said a grease fire started from someone cooking in the kitchen before spreading into the house’s second floor and attic.

There were still flames coming from the house around 9:15 and smoke coming from the top floors, with firefighters still inside. There was a bit of smoke coming from right front side of the house as well.

There was only one person inside the house at the time, the owner. He got out safely, and paramedics examined him for minor smoke inhalation injuries.

Comments are closed.