WARREN, Ohio (WYTV) – Two business in Warren and adjoining apartments were damaged in a fire early Tuesday morning.
Fire investigators believe the fire started in the kitchen area of the Coffee Cup restaurant on East Market Street. Crews were able to put the fire out quickly, but Colonial Shoe Repair, which sits next door, and apartments above the business sustained some damage from the fire.
Sammy Revmatas owns Colonial Shoe Repair, which has been around since the 1920s. He says he knows it’s going to take some time to clean up and reopen.
“It will put me behind a little bit. Get the cleanup, get the electric turned back on, and make sure everything is okay with the wiring. Other than that, redo the lighting and go from there,” Revmatas said.
Revmatas said he is thankful firefighters were able to contain the fire quickly because he has adhesives and thinners in the shop which could have accelerated the fire.