LEAVITTSBURG, Ohio (WYTV) – Emergency crews in Warren Township worked to control a garage fire that quickly escalated on Monday afternoon.
Crews from Champion, Braceville and Newton Falls were called to assist the Warren Township Fire Department with the fire along Gillmer Road. Now, the rear of the garage at 303 Gillmer Road is nothing but charred wood.
The fire started around 2 p.m.
No one lived at the house, but the owner showed up to let out his dog and started a generator for electricity. The lights went out, and that is when he noticed the fire.
The dog and two motorcycles inside were saved. The fire did work its way into the house, though most of the damage was confined to the garage.