WARREN, Ohio (WYTV) – If you’re looking for a new family member of the furry variety, you might just want to stop by the Trumbull County Pound tomorrow.
Thanks to a collaboration with county commissioners, the pound is offering a discounted adoption rate for the seven dogs that are available.
Folks can adopt their new four-legged friend for $25, which is half of the regular adoption fee and includes micro-chipping services to help keep track of the dog. Trumbull County Residents will also be required to buy a dog license. Commissioner Dan Polivka said if the adoption event is successful, he’d like to hold a similar event again.
“It’s a wonderful opportunity for a dog to get on a couch tonight instead of to another rescue, where they go into another cage,” Chief Executive Dog Warden Gwen Logan said. “And that’s really the goal of this, is to get them in a nice home tonight instead of another cage and another rescue.”
The pound is open Saturday from nine to one.
The following dogs are up for adoption:
- Matilda; Female lab mix, 8-10 yrs old
- Jaxson; Male shepherd/rottweiler, 1-2 yrs old
- Hunter; Male lab mix, 1 yr old
- Marky; Male pitt mix; 3-4 yrs old
- Bucky; Male lab mix, 2-3 yrs old
- Leah; Female plott hound mix, 2-3 yrs old
- Russell, Male treeing walker coonhound, 5-7 yrs old