Johnston Twp. family left homeless after early morning fire

The entire home on Warner Road was engulfed in flames early Saturday morning

Fire Generic


JOHNSTON TWP., Ohio (WYTV) – A mobile home fire in Johnston Township Saturday morning left a family of five homeless.

A woman called 911 at 2:45 a.m. about her porch being on fire.

By 2:53, the entire home on Warner Road was engulfed in flames. When fire crews arrived, it had spread to the family’s cars.

Ammunition in the home started going off as well.

The woman told firefighters she thought the fire possibly started from a heat lamp.

Disaster volunteers from the Red Cross came to assist the family and find them temporary shelter. They will continue to help the family for the next month.

Comments are closed.