YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WYTV) – A man had to jump from a second-story window Thursday morning to escape a fire in Youngstown.
Crews were called about 1:30 a.m. to a house in the 2200 block of Cordova Avenue where flames were consuming the first floor of the structure.
The first floor of the home, which is a duplex, was destroyed. The second floor was also damaged.
The man was taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
A firefighter was also injured in the eye while fighting the fire.
A firefighter at the scene said a space heater may have ignited the fire.