AUSTINTOWN, Ohio (WYTV) – The Mahoning County OVI Task Force released results from two checkpoints, held over the weekend in Austintown and Boardman.
The first checkpoint was at 483 N. Canfield-Niles Rd. in Austintown and was conducted from 10 p.m. to midnight. The second checkpoint was at 6809 Market St. in Boardman and was conducted from 1 to 3 a.m.
A total of 931 vehicles passed through the checkpoints, with 10 vehicles being directed into the diversion area for further investigation. Three Task Force officers and one Ohio State Highway Patrol trooper also conducted saturation patrol in support of the checkpoints and stopped 46 vehicles.
Enforcement activity associated with the checkpoints and saturation patrol was as follows:
- Two arrests for OVI
- Four summonses for driving under suspension
- One citation for adult restraint
- Two summonses for drug abuse
- One summons for drug paraphernalia
- One summons for underage consumption of alcohol
- Five citations for speed
- One citation for a stop sign violation
- One citation for a red light violation
- One citation for traffic control device
- One citation for a marked lanes violation
- One citation for rear plate light Illumination
Highway Patrol and the Ohio Investigative Unit are investigating the underage consumption of alcohol charge to determine where the juvenile purchased the alcohol.
The Mahoning County OVI Task Force is funded by a federal grant, which is administered through the Ohio Department of Public Safety – Ohio Traffic Safety Office.
The Task Force said it will continue to conduct saturation patrols and OVI checkpoints.