BROOKFIELD TWP., Ohio (WYTV) – The quick response from Brookfield Township firefighters could not save a home on First Street.
Brookfield Township’s fire department got the call just after 3 p.m. Saturday afternoon that the back side of a house was completely up in flames. A caller told 911 dispatchers that two propane tanks erupted on the side of the house.
Brookfield Township Fire Captain Matt Gordon said no one was inside the home when the fire started.
“Some folks were working outside the house and noticed that the house was on fire inside, got their dog out and called us,” Gordon said.
The heat from the fire was so intense it also melted the side of the house next door.
The fire department got help from four other departments to put out the flames.