Family of victim speaks as Youngstown murder case continues

Sanford Murder

YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WYTV) – It’s up to a Mahoning County grand jury to decide on charges against three men accused in a south side killing earlier this month.

But for the victim’s family, the pain is still fresh.

The family of 28-year-old Daniel Sanford was in court Monday before they learned a planned hearing wasn’t going forward. Instead, the case is being sent directly to the grand jury.

Sanford’s brother, David Blackwell, said he’s concerned about his five-year-old nephew, who now has to grow up without a father.

“I’m trying to do everything I can to be there to support him and let him know his father was a good man,” David Blackwell said.

Sanford was found dead inside his Belden Avenue house after a home invasion on Sept. 5. The three men being charged for the murder are Vincent Reber, Derrick Reber and Lorenzo Hilton.

 

Comments are closed.