GIRARD, Ohio (WYTV) – The Ohio Department of Natural Resources is investigating a natural gas well malfunction that happened early Tuesday morning.
The Liberty Township Fire Department received calls from the Vintage Village Estates mobile home park. Residents said there was liquid spraying out of a well.
“The well head itself malfunctioned. It blew off in the woods, expelling gas and oil all over the woods. We were able to get out there and get it shut down real quick,” said Liberty Township Fire Chief August Birch.
The residents were not evacuated.
ODNR is working with the company who owns the well to resolve the issue.