YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WYTV) – An awards ceremony for the Friends4Friends Film Festival took place Thursday night at the DeYor Performing Arts Center.
The festival showcases short films put together by middle and high school students. The films are based on issues that affect the youth in their schools.
This year’s topics included drug addiction, sexual assault, sexting and eating disorders.
Students at Campbell Memorial Middle School were the winners with their film about sexting, called “Give Him a Chance.”
Several other awards were given out Thursday:
- Best Extras: James A. Garfield
- Best Supporting Role: Seth Morgan, James A. Garfield
- Best Teacher Turned Actress: Ms. Formich, Western Reserve
- Best Actor: Luke Collins, Campbell
- Best Actress: Madeline Rosie, Campbell
This was the fourth year for the Friends4Friends Film Festival and so far, a topic has never been repeated.
The short films are posted on the Friends4Friends YouTube channel.