YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WYTV) – We compiled some random fun facts on Monday morning:
- Wyoming has only two escalators. It might have something to do with the smallest population, older buildings and a preference for elevators.
- In a kidney transplant, surgeons leave your own two kidneys in your body and stuff your new, third kidney in your pelvis.
- Sharks have been around longer than we’ve had trees. Sharks have been around for 400 million years, while trees have been for 350 million.
- Saudi Arabia actually imports camels from Australia. It imports sand, too. Despite the fact that Saudi Arabia is one big sand box, its sand is not good for construction, and its camels are not as tasty.
- The London Subway opened during the American Civil War. Our Civil War was 1861 to 1865. The London underground opened in 1863. You could take the underground to the last public execution in Great Britain, which was in 1968.
- Cucumbers are berries.
- Russia is bigger than Pluto. Russia is 17 million square miles, while Pluto is 16 million.
- The founder of Match.com, Gary Kremen, had a girlfriend. She left him after she met a guy on Match.com.
Did you miss an episode of Daybreak or want to re-visit a previous ‘Nugget’? View previous ‘Nugget of Knowledge’ entries on WYTV.com.
If you have an idea for a ‘Nugget of Knowledge,’ send your idea in an email to Len.Rome@wytv.com.