Medical helicopter takes burn victim from Poland bar

POLAND, Ohio (WYTV) – An employee at the Pour House Bar and Grille on Route 224 in Poland was flown to the hospital after suffering serious burns Tuesday night.

A manager confirmed the employee fell and was burned by boiling water. It happened around 9 p.m. and the bar shut down early.

A medical helicopter was called in to transport the employee to the hospital.

Police and paramedics said the burns were serious.

The victim’s family doesn’t want to talk about the victim’s condition until they know the extent of the injuries.

The manager did not want to give any more information until the owners of the Pour House return from out of town.

This story is corrected to show the victim was burned by water, not grease.