LIBERTY TWP., Ohio (WYTV) – A trailer in Liberty caught on fire Friday evening, leaving the family living there without a home.
The fire happened on Craig Drive at the Vintage Village Estates, off of Belmont Avenue.
Firefighters say it’s a total loss but no one was injured. The three adults and two children who lived there were at the Christmas parade in Youngstown at the time.
A maintenance worker and his wife were getting the keys from their car when they saw flames coming from the back of the mobile home. The pair quickly sprang into action.
“He ran and then he threw me the phone and said, ‘Call the fire department!’” Leann Mayle said. “We didn’t know if they were in there. He pounded on the door, we got no response, and then we found out that they had left the property and were down at the parade in Youngstown.”
Dispatchers said the fire was under control as of about 6 p.m. They said the homeowner was on the scene at that point.
Officials are not yet sure what sparked the fire.
Departments from Liberty, Vienna, and Weathersfield responded to the fire.
The Red Cross is being called in to help the family. Others who live in the Vintage Village Estates also plan on helping in any way they can.